Permanent Political Campaign
"Consultant, lobbyist, and establishment complex" —Pat Caddell
Did you know?
- Over 50,000 public elections are held in the United States every year.
- The cost of winning a house seat is $1.4 million and about $9 million for the senate.
- Mitt Romney's 2012 campaign directed $134 million to political firms with business ties to his senior staff.
- There are over 12,000 lobbyists with over $3 billion in spending power.
- There are 1,900 registered agents who represent foreign countries.
- US Chamber of Commerce spent almost a $1 billion on lobbying from 1998 to 2012.
- 28 aides who have worked for Mr. Baucus, Democrat of Montana have lobbied on tax issues during the Obama administration.