"Education is the most powerful weapon that you can use to change the world" - Nelson Mandela
Did you know?
- Only 40 cents of every dollar on K-12 education went to teachers' salaries in 2009.
- 34 cents of every dollar on K-12 spending went to support services in 2009.
- Only 27 cents of every dollar spent on higher education went for teacher's salaries in 2009.
- There were three million unfilled job vacancies due to skilled labor shortage in 2012.
- Sixty-five percent of today's grade school students will end up in jobs that have not even been invented yet.
- We can add $1 trillion to the national income by bringing our students' math and reading proficiency to South Korea's level, through added economic growth.
- Total cost of complete K-12 education was $165,000 in 2010
- Firing a K-12 teacher can cost up to $100,000.